Friday, February 18, 2022

Biking up the mtn

 Quite cold today and sunny.  25º this morning but 34º by mid day with a windchill in the 20ºs.   I decided to take an extra day off from running and bike today up the mountain.   I did my normal course in 23-24 min.  A decent burn.  I'm also going to hit the squats, resistance bands, and abs today.

The strain of my injury on Tues has recovered quite quickly.   By Wednesday, I couldn't do a forward leg swing to 90º with out pain, but today, I can do an aggressive leg swing with no pain.  I can only feel it a little with a quick change in direction with my leg straight.  

I'm going to be at MTSU tomorrow.  Was thinking I'd run an 800m then do some stairs.   

Registered for the 400m and 800m at Indoor Nationals.  I'm sure some are wondering why the Nat'l Champion in the M60 200m didn't register for that event.  Anyway, the entry list is huge.  Bigger than the outdoor championships.  And there is more competition.  24 entries for the 400, 26 for the 800 including a few elite foreigners and the USATF M60 Champion.   Wish I was more confident in my prep and was ok to race a few meets.  



No comments:

Post a Comment