Sunday, February 6, 2022

3x300 tempo

 Warmer today, south wind, mid 40ºs and sunny.  It was the dreaded tempo day but I failed to get 4 because.... again, started too fast.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100

3 x 300m w/ 3 min rest - 47.60, 49.56, 52.50

stretches, bands

I knew I wouldn't get 4 after 200m into my 3rd rep, so I worked just to bring it in at 52.  Even 3 min after, my heart rate was still close to 150, and I felt the lactic burn.  A 4th wasn't going to happen.  

After recovering a bit I did some band work and thought about running some hills or a race pace 200m, but my foot was hurting a bit and the band work seemed to make the injury feel worse, so I left a bit unfulfilled.  

I'm getting a little antsy about this season, I love indoor track and I'm missing it.  Been 7 weeks since the injury and wasn't expecting to still feel it.  Not sure if rehab or rest is better.   I really would like to start some 400m race pace 200s and 300s.   Maybe should hold off another week.  Then again, I've already run 27 pace 200s.  

Now that Roya has left for a few months, I'll better be able to focus on my cross training, nutrition, strength, and training in general.   Nationals in the 400m isn't going to be a cake walk.  I will have competition from Ray, David, maybe Ronald and others.  I really would like to better my 58.75 season opener in my first indoor meet since the injury in 4 weeks.   Still contemplating an outdoor 800 in 3 weeks, although I'm really not in shape for it.  

Training weather looks good this week except for Sunday where it may be back in the 30ºs.

141.3 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment