Friday, February 11, 2022

600, 500

Friday at the track it was unseasonable warm in Sewanee, 64º and sunny.  Would have been perfect except for a strong gusty S wind.  Was able to train shirtless and break out the sunscreen.   

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100m

600m - 1:46.19

500m - 82.90 (65.37, 17.53)

The 600m was a bit slower than goal, a big headwind gust caught me at the 300m mark.  The 500m was ok.  Similar to workouts I was doing a yr ago.   I was sore because of the stadium stairs Thurs., and I usually don't do consecutive day running workouts.  Next workout will be in Atlanta on Sunday.  It's supposed to be sunny 48º high.  Probably intensive tempo 300s.  Hope the new Mondo has lines painted on it.  

I can still feel the injury as a slight soreness after a workout, but I really feel it's getting better.  Should be good to put the spikes on in 2 weeks or so.  I'm fairly light but about 2-3 lbs of fat to lose to optimum race weight.  Upping my strength work and protein on non running days.   Nationals in 5 weeks, race in 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment