Sunday, June 6, 2021

Back to the oval office, 6x200m tempo

Warm and humid but cloudy with occasional sprinkles of rain, in the 80ºs at Marist school for my hard workout today.   I wasn't sure I'd be able to pull this one off today, after a late evening race yesterday, but I did, and even one upped myself. 

Hoka trainers on

Stretches, drills, 2 x 100, 50

6 x 200m w/ 3 min rest - 28.06, 27.74, 28.31, 28.20, 29.00, 29.10 /  28.40 avg

It was hard, and exceeded my previous 6x2 w/3 from a week ago by 0.30, which is significant.  It totally kicked my butt. Feeling pretty light and fit again.  Still looking to break 57 in the 400m. 

Not sure about racing in Louisville on Tues.  Could be 6.5 hrs of driving for one race.  The weather is iffy as well.   I don't have anything pressing or anything else to do... although I've been practicing guitar more lately than I have in several months and would like to start doing some recording, but I have plenty of time.  I decided to race in the ATL area again instead of going to AL next weekend.  Next race will definitely be a 200m.  I definitely plan to take the weekend off from racing on the 19th.  Getting down toward the end of the season, I may only run one more 400 before Nationals, unless I go to FL in July.

137.9 lbs after workout.  Last night's paella didn't weigh me down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment