Monday, June 21, 2021

5 x 200m

Warm to hot today in Sewanee, depending on the sun and rain.  It would rain for a few minutes then get very hot and humid when the sun returned.  With rain coming, I got out there early, in the heat of the day around 1 pm.  

I was surprised that my quads were a tad sore after a days rest from my Sat speed work.  

I had planned to do the 6 x 200m workout w/ 3 min rest but I didn't make it.  My heart rate was still at 160 three min after #5.  Maybe the heat and humidity or maybe because the first 3 were pretty quick, or maybe a because I walked back in between.   On 6/7, I did this same workout and was able to get 6,  the first 3 about the same time as today.   That was on a Sunday at Marist, the day after I ran my SB 400m.  The main difference besides the track was I walked back to the start in the hot sun across the field today.  On 6/6, I brought 2 water bottles and ran in both directions, no walk in between.  Maybe that was it.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100, 50

5 x 200m w/ 3m rest - 27.69, 28.31, 28.06, 29.01, 30.40 / Avg. 28.69

band work

I felt like I should do more, but I do want to go out tomorrow for a substantial workout, so I did some resistance bands, sets of hams, hip flexors, abductors.   I need to start doing these after every workout, as prehab to help prevent injury.  I've not raced many short sprints this year.

138.9 lbs after workout.

UPDATE:

Looks like my age group is going to be very competitive, Michael F. now has the M60 WL in the 100, 200, and just missed my WL in the 400m by just 0.07.  Fastest M60 400m, besides me since last year.  



No comments:

Post a Comment