Saturday, June 6, 2020

The hard stuff

The dreaded split 700 / split 500 workout.   I've only done this one maybe 6 or 7 times and this one was hard as any.

Nice evening but was a little warm when I first got there, mid 70ºs and a bit humid with calm winds.  Cooled down by sunset.   I have to say, I think the joint supplements maybe helping, thankful for my wheels feeling better.  (Hyaluronic acid, glucosamine, and collagen).

Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
'split 700' - 500m - 79.85 / 90 sec rest / 200m - 31.79 
'split 500' - 300m - 43.16 / 90 sec rest / 200m - 30.82

This was hard, the split 700 was really to my limit, heart rate still in the upper 120s 20min after.  I took nearly full rest in between, about 25 min. Heart rate was still 112 when I started the split 5.
These times are on par with other split 7/split 5 workouts I've done previously, including one I did before worlds in '17.  (But, up until now, all other workouts were timed in whole and half second estimates based on my beeping Gymboss, now with the Sportcount timer, I can get accurate times and splits).

Upping the resistance work on off track days.   144.3 lb after workout.   Still not happy with my weight, last few lbs are the toughest to lose.  It's clear that the body stores fat much more easily as we age.  I drink a lot of cappuccinos and have been mixing in collagen powder.  That, and the big doses of hyaluronic acid powder in capsules, I think has made a difference.  Collagen powder also has protein, so that's a healthy cappuccino.  I have a colonoscopy next week so I'll get to fast and clean out.  That'll help me lose some weight.

RACE
There is are all ages meets in Oxford, AL on July 11 and Aug 15.  I emailed the meet director of the July meet, he says it's on.   It's a decent track.   I went to a college meet there once right after winning Worlds in '17, I really thought I had a shot at a 200m pr, but I strained a ham in warmups and scratched at the last minute.  It's only a little over 2 hrs away and should be lightly attended.

So, possible races are July: 11, 18, 25, Aug. 15.    The middle 2 are in Jacksonville, which may be hard to run in because of the heat and being right near the water and humid, Aug 15 is the same venue as July 11. 

Back on track Monday, off Tuesday and maybe Wednesday for Drs. appointments.   Still have a minor nagging cough after 5 months.  Maybe I'll run the stadium stairs on Wednesday after my appointment.








1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete