Sunday, June 28, 2020

tempo 150s, blocks

Feeling more like summer now.  Mid 70ºs but humid and showers around.  Chance of thunderstorms everyday for the foreseeable future, highs around 80º, lows mid 60ºs. 

Stayed mostly on the turf today but before I left, pulled out the blocks and spikes.  Did 2x3x150 w/ 30 sec rest, but much faster than last time when I did 3 sets.
Hoka trainers on 
4 x 100m strides, stretches, drills 
3 x 150m w/ 30 sec rest - 21.87, 22.06, 21.38 (on turf)
3 x 150m w/ 30 sec rest - 20.96, 22.80, 22.43 (on turf)
Puma spikes on  
3 x 20m from blocks

When I first started, had the usual pains but they disappeared after warmup.  The 150s were good and hard, and I was just about to leave when I grabbed the blocks as an after thought.  Put the spikes on for the first time in 3 months and ran some starts.  It felt ok.  No pains.  I didn't do full out explosive race type starts, but just fast enough to feel it out, and it was ok.  I may do a race pace 100m from block on the turn to see how it feels later this week.  I'm using my practice spikes that are 1/2 size big so I wear socks and have protective gel soles above the spike plate.  More protective than my meet spikes. 

I'm going to ramp down a bit and keep my volume low in the next 5 workouts before my first meet.  Stay on grass at least half the time and try to be healthy as possible by race day, even if it means I give up a little conditioning. 

142.2 lbs after workout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment