Monday, June 1, 2020

Back on the track

I keep saying this the but the weather was perfect again yesterday evening, clear 69º, dry, light breeze.   As I warmed up, I felt the usual aches but after warmup, felt fine and decided to try the track instead of the turf. 

Hoka trainers on  
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
100m on the turn - 13.20 
2 x 300m - 42.50, 43.38

I was pretty daunted by this workout.  It was not much but it was exhausting.  Both 300s kicked my butt.  I realized how far out of shape I am,  a little heavy, and a long ways to go and not sure my body will hold up to get there.   It takes a huge effort to get from a 60 sec 400m to a 57ish.  I'd be hard pressed to break 60 right now. 

Maybe I'll try some more ambitious turf workouts alternating with track workouts.  I need foundation and long sprint tempo repeats.  I'm thinking sets of 3x150 with 30 sec rest. 

I think also some lateral strengthening exercises for knees, adds, abds, and some non-weighted squats also. 

Fortunately, my knee didn't swell after this workout.  Far from perfect, but it feels fine. 

Tired of being a little heavy.  146.3 after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment