Monday, June 8, 2020

Tempo 300s

Back on track for a rare mid afternoon workout in Sewanee.  I have to purge this evening for a colonoscopy tomorrow so I got this in earlier.   Upper 70ºs and humid, but mostly cloudy with a breeze.

Today was the dreaded tempo 300s.  Haven't done this workout since March 3 and have opted instead for 3x300 a little faster after that in March-April.  But today, I went back to the 4 x 300 w/ 2:30 rest.

Hoka trainers on 
250m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 300m w/ 2:30 rest - 49.20, 48.68, 51.78, 51.38  (avg 50.26) 
100m stride on grass 
stretching

I wasn't trying to one-up myself on this one, just get 'er done.  However, it was faster than my March 3 set by 0.87 on average.   2 years ago I did this same workout a second faster with 30 sec less rest. 

This was my 5th track workout in 9 days, going every other day for 5 workouts.  I'm going to need a break for a few days.  I wanted to do more after this workout but the body said no after testing it out with a strider. 

I started the purging fluids for tomorrow's colonoscopy and since I've not eaten today, and eaten very little in 2 days, maybe with the fast I can finally shed the last of this body fat.   Still at a stubborn 144.3 lbs after workout.  I was 1 - 1.5 lbs lighter at times back in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment