Saturday, December 23, 2017

brief long sprint workout

I almost took the day off but decided to go do something.  After a horrendous weather change, 68º, winds gusting to 47mph, then a cold rain and temperatures falling almost 30º and then a fog.... I hit the track mid afternoon.  41º with fortunately only light winds and dense fog.  It really wasn't too bad since the wind died down.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
400m - 62.5 (31, 31.5) 
'split 400' - 300m - 43.5 / rest one min / 100m - 14.5

I was a bit sore and my foot was hurting a bit more than usual from the speed work Thurs and some squat jumps yesterday, so I just ran low volume but hard.  Fell short of my goal of making the 400 a negative split, but at least it was close to even.

Schedule
Looking at the indoor season, I don't think I'm going to race at TSU.  Not a fast track and if I can race at Vandy and Birmingham, I'll run better times.  I could race 4 weekends in a row after Vanderbilt on 1/13, so no hurry to get started since it's a long indoor season with Nationals still almost 12 weeks away.  I'll likely get to race Marcus in Birmingham since he does the Emory meet every year.   He's the top dog 400m guy in M55 this yr.   I rarely beat him, but have  beat him twice at the Crossplex. Don't need to wear out my foot since I'm having issues and do too many meets.

























145 lbs after workout.   Been a struggle to get the weight off but it's going well, and eating extremely well.

Grilled fish and steamed vegetables for my one meal every day, and by the time I eat at around 6pm or later after my workout, I'm hungry.   Sprinter meal, low carb, high protein.  Grilled mahi-mahi, with steamed red cabbage and broccoli.  I could eat this every day.  Definitely "lick the plate" good.


No comments:

Post a Comment