Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas 300s

At the Villages HS in FL, crisp and windy 58º 8:30am.  Much earlier than I normally train so wasn't really feeling like it.  No choice in the matter as far as schedule.

Hoka trainers on  
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 300m w/ 2 min rest - 49, 51, 55, 55 (avg 52.5)

It didn't go well, started a hair fast and really couldn't get the last two up to speed.  I was worried about my plantar issue in my left foot but that felt fine.  It was my right foot that started hurting more than it has in months on the last 300.  It's a degenerative talonavicular joint issue.  It usually recovers ok with a day off.  It's worrisome since this is a long term issue and can not be aided by taping or prosthetics.  We'll see how it goes and if I can train on Wed.  Had a bizarre elbow injury in the airport while holding my backpack.  Very sore, very weird.


No comments:

Post a Comment