Thursday, December 7, 2017

Keith in Kenya

MTSU coach Keith V. sent me this from Kenya... wow, is he well connected or what?  No wonder his XC team is ranked in the top 20 something NCAA Div I and he won a coach of the yr award.

Here's the photo... world class runners training at altitude on a dirt track in Kenya.  The guy in the middle is Asbel Kiprop, '08 Olympic Gold Medalist in the 1500m.


From Keith yesterday in Kenya:

 "Yesterday was an amazing day, I'm staying with a world class Nike runner Alec Rono, (Hillarys brother) he and his two boys picked me up from the airport. I go to the track the girls can run they even talked to me for about 30 minutes. Asbel Kiprop and Eliud Kipchirchir show up on the track to workout. Asbel is the best 1500m runner in the world. Hung out with Polat Kemboi while watching the kids workout, world class 10km Olympian. Had lunch at Augustine Choge house, (Jacobs brother) he's a world class runner as well. Eliud Kipchoge lives right across the drive from Augustine, best marathoner in the world."





Go, MTSU !!

No comments:

Post a Comment