Wednesday, December 13, 2017

tempo 300s

Cold and breezy in Sewanee today but full sun, 41º .... T shirt weather.   My usual 4x300 tempo set.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 300m w/ 2 min rest - 50.5, 51, 53.5, 53 (52 avg)
Back down to 2 min rest and hopefully will begin to bring the avg time down.  This is always a tough workout but it's over very quickly... in less than 10 min, but it feels like a very long 10 min.  After recovering, I have the appetite for more work, but if I am going to keep this every other day regime, I must keep the volume low.  Yesterday, my foot was sore and I was doubtful I'd be able to go out today, but every other day seems to provide just enough recovery as long as I keep the volume down.

Post workout weight is hovering around 146ish, but I feel like my fat is finally loosening up and burning off.  Haven't eaten bread or starchy carbs but maybe twice since Thanksgiving, save for a small amount of oat bran.  

Have to make a decision about Millrose very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment