Saturday, December 9, 2017

Cold 600s

Coldest workout of the year, wasn't looking forward to this one.  Cloudy and 34º with variable winds at the Sewanee track.  At one point, the windchill was in the low 20ºs but it settled down to a light breeze.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 600m - 1:47, 1:49 
100m - 13.8
This was a test to see if my feet would hold up to one days rest.  After my 300m jog, the foot started hurting but then improved and felt fine after drills and stretches.  I took full rest between 600s.  The wind died down and I ran them in a T shirt.  The first one was more painful than the second and afterward, I was contemplating doing more, but I just ran a hard 100m and called it a day.  These 600s were comparable to a similar workout I did 2 yrs ago in Dec.  So, it's coming along.

Weight is coming down, woke up under 147 for the first time in a while.








No comments:

Post a Comment