Wednesday, July 6, 2016

tempo 300s/200s

Warm beautiful evening in Sewanee, low 80ºs and very humid.   Have to say, considering that I've been on the track 7 of the last 9 days, I feel great.  The usual aches and pains have all but gone away.  I think it's the Hoka trainers, the fact that I'm lighter, and that I've mostly avoided using spikes.   I feel at the end of every workout, I can do more.   Never seem to be satisfied with my preparation.  Today, I did a familiar workout.

Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 300m w/ 2 min rest - 47.5, 48, 49, 48.5 
4 x 200m w/1 min rest - 30.5, 32, 32, 30
Puma spikes on 
200m turn - 27 

My 300s were pretty solid.   Much suffering on the last of each set.   At the conclusion of the tempo workout, I ran one fast 200m in spikes starting 50m before the turn, and ending 50m after.   I really need to do more work on the turn.   I'll probably devote a workout to this.  If I'm ever going to go under 55, I need that part of my race to be about 27.5.

TRACK!!
What a great time of year ... I can watch track almost every day with the European Championships underway, and the US Trials continuing.  Eurovision is carrying the Euro championships.


No comments:

Post a Comment