Wednesday, December 2, 2015

tempo 400s

After being rained out from the track for 3 days, I hit the Sewanee track for a tempo workout in today's cooler weather.  47º and sunny today, the track was still wet after the 5.44" of rain we received.  Had been active off the track with weight workouts including some rowing yesterday and a lot of carpentry work.  (Getting a 12' high deck ready to support a 2800 lb spa).

Saucony trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 400m w/ 2 min rest -  71, 73, 77 
100m - after the last 400m with 2 min rest
I made it through this workout that I bailed on a few weeks ago.  Set my goals a little slower this time.  Was able to complete 3 and then a 100m on grass with 2 min rest after the set.   It was hard and there is no way I could have done a 4th.  I can't believe I used to do 4 and even 5.   Anselm suggested I do 2x3x400m, and that sounds good if my foot could take it.  Not today.   3 x 400m with 2 min is about the bitchin'ist workout you can get in under 8 min.  It's over real fast.  I think I'd like to do 3x400 tempo workout twice in a day, maybe in different sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment