Monday, June 15, 2015

screwed myself

Just when I was healthy... I had a minor injury today in a stupid mistake.   Very hot and still at the Dean Hayes track at sunset... 86º.    To protect my sore right ankle, I was running a tempo set of 200s in reverse direction around the track.   Not used to running right turns, my right foot came down on the metal rail on the inside of the track and I rolled my sore ankle outward.   Fortunately, I didn't break or tear anything... it could have been much worse and season ending.   But it will rob me of some valuable workouts this week, and may possibly jeopardize my race this weekend, but I doubt it.  Determined to complete my set of 4x 200m, I limped through 2 more 200s after the injury, so maybe it's not too bad.  Damn... the sore ankle I was trying to protect, I just made it 4x worse.

Because of this ankle I may not run until the meet on Sat., which is very unfortunate.   I really did need a good set of intervals this week.  I feel like I'm in decent shape and very light.  Been upping the resistance work and had a good weight workout in Sewanee on Sunday.

Saucony triumph trainers on 
600m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 200m w/ 1 min rest - 30, 31, 31, 31
I'm doing the alternating bucket of ice and heat.   Right now it hurts to walk on it.  Damn.   Will know more in a few days if this will affect me Sat.  Sucks.

141.8 lbs after workout.

UPDATE:
It's pretty bad, kept me up a lot last night.  Doubtful for the meet this weekend.  Hurts to walk.   I'm still in denial that it could be bad, but just don't know.  Hard to stomach ....going down like this after all this work.  I remember my broken foot felt so minor at first, but then kept me out for 6 months.   Just don't know.  This is doubly bad because it was a stupid mistake that could have been avoided.

No comments:

Post a Comment