Tuesday, June 30, 2015

4x4

The old standard 4 x 400m tempo workout with 2 min rest in between.  Waited at the KCD track for the rain to stop, I went out just before dark despite the lightning everywhere, didn't even want to hold on to the fence for my leg swings and stretches.  Spooky.  The rain had cooled down the temperature to about 68º and it was nice.
Saucony Triumph trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 400m with 2 min rest between - 68, 69, 71, 72
A good maintenance workout in my 'long to short' progression as I approach the next race 11 days away.

Watching the USATF Nationals, seeing D. Solomon go out too fast in the 800m final and get 'handed the piano' in the last 100m (...his first 200m was 24.01), reminds me that it doesn't matter how hard one trains, you can't over estimate your ability and go out too fast.   Event runs and more speed work to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment