Tuesday, June 2, 2015

same 4x400+

Perfect June weather for a hard workout.   Couldn't ask for better this time of year.  Cloudy and breezy - 67º and dropping at 7pm.   Not particularly humid.  Felt almost chilly with the breeze.

Same 4x400m tempo+ workout as Friday, this time just slightly faster avg. time.   To relieve stress on the ankle, I did more than half of the workout running the track clockwise.
Saucony triumph trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 400m w/2 min rest - 69, 70, 71, 75 
2 x 200m - 27, 28
I realized that the reason my ankle was sore was that I wore my Virratas and Showdown spikes the last 2 workouts instead of the Triumphs.   Triumphs make a big difference, as does running the opposite way.  Probably should have done it all clockwise.

I think I'm in pretty good shape for my first outdoor 400m on Sat., but it's hard to tell with the lack of event runs and fast twitch work.   143.7 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment