Wednesday, March 11, 2015

light workout

In steamy FL at the Villages HS track, did a thorough warmup and a couple fast 200s and called it a day.   It was nice to chase the local senior track club in my last 200m.  I gave 'em a 25m head start and had trouble catching their fastest member, a 72 yr old running a 29 sec 200m!  He pushed me.
800m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 200m - 26.5, 26
I didn't get a lot of sleep last night so I came back to my parents house and laid on the bed, feeling good, drifting off to sleep several times in a runners high, but to be jerked from sleep at least 5 times by coughing in the house.

The forecast looks bad for race day.  Unless they use an alternate finish line, the forecast calls for a stiff 12mph headwind at race time.  Bummer.  Should be fun though, especially since I'm not running a 400m.

Been making an effort to reduce my weight, should be ok by Friday, under 145 at least.  I'm healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment