Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Recovering

My abs are still sore today so I'll not run. Resistance, including a visit to the MTSU weight room this evening. I think some cross training is in order, swimming and biking sound good.

I have a vulnerability in my lower abs so I will be working to correct that. I'd like to get some of those elbow slings where I can hang from a bar and do leg raises.

The deadline for regular registration for the Nationals is Friday. Interesting to see the list grow each day of entrants. On the list is last years M45 silver medalist - M. Sullivan, who has run sub 52 in the 400m will likely be the top of the class in M50. I'm sure we'll see the 'usual suspects' enter in the next few days. It should be a crazy competitive event and by no means am I likely to be a finalist or medalist.

I still think I can improve to at least the mid 54's if my training goes well. The track at Baldwin Wallace is one of the fastest ... they say there are only 4 like it in the world. Same track as was used in the '08 Beijing Olympics.

The Mondo track at Baldwin Wallace:

No comments:

Post a Comment