Friday, June 3, 2011

Quads of steel


Stadium stairs sprints x 20

I estimate the MTSU stadium staircase to be about 60 meters long. Some I did every other stair - concentrating on high knees, fast turnover and good form. Some I did every third stair - concentrating on speed and power.

This type of work is less painful to me than running 300s and 400s. It takes me 13-14 sec to do each one and more than a minute to walk down so the recovery is ample. By the end of 20, I was still running fast but my legs were quivering when trying to stand still. The sun had broken out and it was approaching 9 am and the temp was already soaring well into the 80s. Actually the negative of walking down the stairs is exercise in itself, after running up. It really targets the quads.

I'm right in the middle of hosting the TN Guitar Festival. Last night I fed 20+ people with delicious angel hair pasta with fresh tomatoes, basil, mushrooms, olives, celery, garlic, butter, parsley.... and Iska made cookies, a rum cake, and toffee bars. I ate none of the above. We also had broiled mahi-mahi and salad. That's what I had, that took almost as much discipline as running 400s.

No comments:

Post a Comment