Sunday, June 12, 2011

Inventory and another meet?

Everything is sore. Groin and quads the most sore. I'm looking carefully at the time of recovery because...

I'm wondering how much recovery I'll need between the TN Senior Olympics and the Masters Nationals. I run the last event in TN on Sunday morning 7/24 (200m) and then the 400 prelims in the nationals on Thursday 7/28. I should be ok if I don't strain anything severely. (Of course, every sprint is a strain). I'll probably do the 200 and 400 at the Nationals.

I've run in 12 track meets this indoor/outdoor season. That's unheard of for a masters sprinter. 7 college meets and 5 masters meets. Was only significantly injured once, and that was only for a month.

I had planned to do an informal all-comers meet in Nashville a week from Thursday, but I've requested entry to the AL State Games in Birmingham a week from Sat - it is FAT timed. They normally don't open these AL State games in T&F to TN Masters athletes, but looking at last years results, they didn't have enough masters in my age group to fill the track for one heat, so I'm thinking they'll let me. If so, I'll probably do the triple again 100/200/400. Yesterday, I ran a PR 400m after a 100m race, so I really don't think running the 100 before the 400 is much of a detriment, if there is at least 45 min in between, and of course, no injuries.

I should find out early next week if I can run in AL. Page once told me, 'the best training is racing.' Not only that, but it's more fun than training - running repeats alone at 6:30am gets old.

This week I have very limited time to train. I have to leave for a concert in Miami on Thurs and won't return until Sunday noon. I think I might be able to do something light by Monday night or Tues morning, and maybe something more on Wed ... but that is it. I should have time in Miami to so something since my concert is over Friday night and I teach Sat. I'm free on Sat afternoon and evening. I'll bring my resistance bands and Spira trainers. The University of Miami track is just 1/4 mile from mile from my hotel. Maybe Saturday night I'll get out there. It'll be fun returning to my alma mater to both perform and maybe do a workout on the track.

Photo from our uncontested 4x100 relay... no need for blocks... the starter even when home. They started me with a yell... but hey, it was 'official' ... Raj just wanted another medal.

Fun stuff....



1 comment:

  1. Hey! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which
    blog platform are you using for this site? I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    My homepage ... datalogic barcode scanner rental

    ReplyDelete