Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hot morning

At 6:45 am, I was taping my feet after completing my warmup on Dean A. Hayes track. It already felt warmer than it did when I got there 20 min earlier. Low 70s, humid

It felt hard, sometimes sickening but after the second 300, I felt better. Could have stayed longer but had a class to teach and a festival to run.

800m warmup, drills

spikes on

2 x 400m - 60 sec (29,31) 63 sec (29,34)
3 x 300m - 46, 47, 46 sec
200m - 28 sec

The second 200 of the second 400 is where I starting really running out of gas. The first 300 felt pretty hard too. But then, it got a little easier. I had planned to run another 200 but was running short on time. It probably felt harder because I am a lb heavier (139) and I haven't run since Monday. Tues off, Wed resistance and plyos - but just one set.

Getting up early to train the next 3 days will be a challenge since I'm cooking for the Guitar Fest parties the next three evenings, and dinner usually starts at around 10:30 pm. Not sure about a plan for the next few days. I will definitely try to run tomorrow or Sat. I need some block work. Maybe tomorrow.

Healthy, no strains.

No comments:

Post a Comment