Sunday, May 5, 2024

300s, 50

Feeling heavy and detrained, I hit the track after a sedentary day yesterday.  Warm, 77º, mostly cloudy and calm winds.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 100m

100m - 14.32

Hoka Rocket X2s on

2 x 300m - 46.75, 48.37. (47.56 avg)

50m - 6.23

Was brief and to the point.  Didn't have too much time, wanted to get home to watch the World Relays.   The 300s as usual pushed HR to the max (182).  

Heavy for this workout.  143.3 lbs after workout.  

Traveling on Friday so I hope to be on the track Tues and Thurs.  Want to take advantage of late gym hours that last another 2 weeks before summer hours kick in, so I'll be there Mon and Wed.  

Found some used Rincons on ebay for $35.  Good warm up shoes.  

Finished my MTSU grades today so I'm on vacation.  

Congrats to former MTSU sprinter Willington W.  He ran a great leg at the World Relays in the mixed 4x4 final.  I think this means he may be able to be a part of the Team USA Olympic relay pool... not sure how that works.  Such a great performance for a first year pro, ran a 45.18 leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment