Tuesday, July 5, 2022

I'm ok. Round one in the books - WMAC World Masters Championships, 400m prelims

Great to be a part of such a well run meet at a great facility, and great to see all my masters track friends and teammates.  

I won my heat of round one in an easy 59.78, and my body held up ok.  Semifinals tomorrow and its a fast heat with my fastest challengers to my inside in lanes 3 and 4, I have 5.  

Weather was OK.  After a period of rain, the wind died down a bit and the temperature was about 68º, so quite pleasant, although the track was wet.  

This heat had Shunji from Japan who pulled even with me on the home stretch.  I ran the first 200m quite easy, probably about 28 high or 29, and when Shunji came along side, I turned it on just to get by him to take the win.  It was certainly not a full effort.  Hope to go a second faster tomorrow.   



























This morning I went to the hotel gym and did some PT.  Some RDLs with a kettlebell.  I think it helped.  I was less sore than expected after the race.  After I got back and had a light dinner, I took a walk in the forest preserve behind my hotel.  What a great choice it was to stay here.  A little 'forest bathing'.

With 2 semifinal heats, I should make the final barring injury.  I could probably run the same time tomorrow and make it through, as they take the top 2 then the next 4 on time.  I'm thinking anything under 59.5 will make it through to the final.  

Tomorrow's race is much earlier, 1:50pm local time so I'm trying to get to sleep as it's midnight here, dusk.

Forecast for tomorrow at race time:  rain likely (75%), mid 60ºs.


2 comments:

  1. Great job! I look forward to your results tomorrow! Get rest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, controlled run. Well done.

    ReplyDelete