Thursday, July 28, 2022

600, 300

Tuesday at the track, it was a pleasant 77º early evening, but my usual silence was broke by a high school football team on the field doing a practice.  No problem though, was able to use the track.  Unfortunately, I noticed a bit more ham soreness than last time but got a few quality long sprints in ok.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m

600m - 1:45.17 (68.47, 36.70)

300m - 47.79

This 600m was about race pace for an 800m.  Assuming a last 200 in 36, that would be 2:21.  

Due to the soreness in the ham, I probably won't do another significant workout before nationals, just a light workout on Thurs.  

139.5 after workout.

On Wed., I did a hard bike climb up Roark's Cove then some water running.   It was very warm.   It may have been my 2nd fastest climb of the year at 21:30.  

Today, Thurs... probably will likely bike, swim, and go to the track late for some warm up and a little running, not much.  Just trying to be careful so I can race on Sat.

Today, the meet starts and there seem to be very few declarations for the M60 400m.  Probably could have won it even with my injury.


No comments:

Post a Comment