Thursday, July 21, 2022

4,3,2,3

Y esterday it was very warm, about 86º with a dewpoint in the mid 70ºs yielding a heat index in the mid 90ºs.  One of the warmest workouts I've done this year.  Occasional light S wind and partly sunny.  When it's this warm, the difference between sunny and cloudy is huge.  I ran some of this workout in direct sun and was there earlier than usual, about 4:30pm in order to get back and watch the World Championships.  Tomorrow will be hard, because I will need to be out in the hot part of the day because I have a dinner commitment at 5.  It's forecast to be 91º, heat index probably near 100º.    I think training for middle distance in the heat adds an extra layer of conditioning because it's just that much harder to train in this heat.  For example, I was intending to run a 600 on my first run, and I shut it down after 400m.  

Still nothing faster than 800m pace...

Hoka trainers on

Stretches, drills, 2x100

400m - 71.20

  - 2 1/2 min rest

300m - 53.31

  - 4 min rest 

200m - 31.68

  - 12 min rest

300m - 49.96

A decent amount of volume while not killing myself.  Can still feel the injury, but it's definitely different.  Lower and in a specific muscle.  It is sensitive throughout the muscle from the mid ham.  Doesn't feel like muscle, more like a nerve.  The foot is starting to get sore as I put the volume in.  

Four more workouts before Nationals.  Getting my weight back under control.  139.3 lbs after workout.  Have taken a hiatus from eating bread, that helps.  

Hoping to swim and bike today.  

Sweating is good.



1 comment:

  1. Amazing resilience, Bill. Best of luck for Nationals.

    ReplyDelete