Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Swimming and biking

 Living in the Sewanee paradise, I swam across Lake Jackson and biked up the mountain last 2 days.  I'm so fortunate to have this clean mountain lake to swim in.  On the far shore is a pine forrest with the ground carpeted with soft pine needles, and I can walk barefoot well into the forrest.  Wild flowers grow along the lake shore. 

Planning to do the big bike climb at Raccoon Mtn. with Bill on Monday.

The main issue I'm wondering about is how much time should I take off from running?  Last Sept. I took off only about 12 days then started with turf and stadium stairs.  I also did stairmaster during the time off which is a little like running, so, not much.  Also, last year, I shut down my 400m training after running my first and only 400m on July 25, and concentrated on the shorter sprints. 

This year, I've been encouraged to take a full month off by some.  Maybe it's a good idea because when I start training again, my training season will go for 10 or 11 months.  I really want to have a good indoor season and peak at Nat'l indoor at the Armory and World Championships in Finland.  

However, it goes away fast.  I've probably gained 3 or 4 lbs.  Yesterday, around 144 lbs... but by late morning Wed, 142.5 lbs.  Going to go to a more plant based diet for a while.    

No comments:

Post a Comment