Saturday, August 28, 2021

more swimming and biking

Today, when I bike up Roarkes Cove Rd, it'll be the 5th time in 6 days.  It has been taking me anywhere from 23-24 min to 26-27 min.  I also swam yesterday but not today.  This type of exercise is good general calorie burning but doesn't compare with the HIIT I do on the track, both in terms of calorie burn or overall fitness.  It's more like the traditional 'cardio' which has lesser benefits than HIIT or any type of sprint workout.   My ham soreness seems to have gone away pretty much, but I still feel the lower ab soreness, definitely seems to be pubalgia, or some type of tendinosis of the proximal attachment of the rectus abdominis, but instead of being in the groin or inguinal area, it's right in the center.   These types of things take a long time to heal, but it's not as bad as when I had it 10 yrs ago.   I've done no rehab for it yet, but when I do, it's be stuff like lunges, resistance bands, etc..

I have gained a bit of weight, 143.5 this morning.  

I had planned to do the big climb with Bill at Racoon Mtn which entails going there on my boat, but a high chance of rain on Monday night into Tues, so we'll see.  I like being out in the rain on the boat, I just don't like putting it away and trailering in the rain.

I haven't been in the Fowler Center gym in months but the good news is that the late night hours are back Mon - Thurs - open  until 11pm.  So, I'll be doing some rowing, weights, and stairmaster.

Will be easing back into my full work schedule in the next 2 weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment