Thursday, August 12, 2021

Last workout 2021 competition season

Very warm and humid at mid day at the Sewanee track on Wed, heat index about 90º and light south wind.  I wanted to do some starts and try out my newly stretched Nike Maxflys.  Did a rolling 100m and 200m, plus blocks.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 2 x 100m, 50m

100m strider

Nike Maxfly spikes on

100m - 12.21

Blocks - several

200m - 26.08 (13.07, 13.01)

The Maxflys work.  They feel good.  However, my body is feeling the aches and pains of a long season.  I was really pretty shocked, frankly, at the times I ran compared to what it 'felt like' and the effort put in.  The shoes seem to work.  

The rolling 100m was relaxed, near full, but I felt not full effort.  Then after doing some starts, Dr. Scott came over and we started chatting and I got a little tight before I launched into my rolling 200m.  So I decided to not run it real fast, but about 400m race pace.  It felt sluggish and a little slow, but whoa... 26.08?  Really?  And and oddly, my second 100m was faster than my first, which is unusual.  I don't really know if it's the shoes, but they sure give me confidence.  

Starts with the Maxflys with risers.



The Trip

Getting in and out of Canada is going to be a pain in the ass with all the covid testing requirements.  They require a test within 72 hrs each way, is the problem.  My Thursday test will be too early to get in the US on Monday, so I scheduled a Friday evening test in Toronto as soon as I get there.  I still have not received my required results from my Wed test in Monteagle.  If I wake up tomorrow and they're not in, I'm going to be a bit panicked.   It's crazy.   Will update. 




No comments:

Post a Comment