Monday, August 2, 2021

'Split 700,' 300 - just one more meet

Beautiful today at Sewanee.  Hazy, not hot, mid 70ºs, calm winds.  When I look out at the view from my house, it's so beautiful at sunset sometimes it doesn't even seem real... but I digress. 

Hadn't done a 'split 700' since late April.  Tough one.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 2 x 100

'split 700' - 500m - 79.23 (62.28, 16.95)  / 90 sec rest / 200m - 31.78

300m - 42.84

The split 700 was a hard one.  Almost the same splits as I ran in April, a few hundredths slower.  I usually pair this workout with a split 500m, but I wanted to keep the volume lower and just ran a hard 300m.  

139.2 lbs after workout.

Look like I'm going to do one more meet.  The Ontario Masters Championships is not a huge meet, but has kept meet records for half a century.   I think I can get one or all of the M60 sprint records, one of my motivations for going.  I don't think I'm going to better any of my times from Nationals, but I don't need to to get these records.  

I booked my trip and have 24 hrs to cancel if I feel like it.   It cost almost as much to do this meet as Nationals, but hey... better to spend my money on this than beer and pot ... or fast food, right?  Fortunately, this stage of life is abundant.  No worries.    This will be my last race until at least October, then indoor season starts shortly after.  

No comments:

Post a Comment