Monday, August 27, 2018

tempo 300s, 400 neg split

Warm and more humid today in Sewanee, upper 70ºs at the start of the workout.  I was not quite able to duplicate the workout I did before Daegu at this time, a tad disappointed in that, but a good workout anyway.
Hoka trainers on 
450m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 300m w/ 2 min rest - 47, 48.5, 50 
400m neg split - 61 (31.5, 29.5)
I was hoping to do one more 300 but just couldn't get myself to do that 4th one.  Maybe not in as good a shape as I thought.  Maybe a little under fueled as I didn't eat much today before workout.  Otherwise the workout was similar to the one before Daegu.  However, I just noticed, at this time before Daegu I crammed in 4 consecutive workouts in 4 days, including a 3 x 300m w/2 min rest in my second to last workout.  I worked pretty hard in those last workouts before Daegu, including one hill session, and some endurance work or event runs in all those last sessions.  I don't know if I have that in me, especially the 4 days in a row I did, which would be starting today - relative to that training schedule.   Feeling a little extra foot pain on the left so maybe not.  Feeling healthy is most important, so the taper needs to start.

142.8 lbs after workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment