Sunday, August 19, 2018

400, 300, 60s

Warm and humid at the Marist track.  Today was supposed to be a max velocity day but I played it safe after feeling a little soreness in my hip flexor.  I did get a few block starts and a fast 60m then I shut it down on my 3rd one decided to do some long sprints in order to get a workout in.
Hoka trainers on 
4 x 100m striders, stretches, drills, eccentric ham resistance exercises with bands 
2 x 60m with 2 step flying start - 8.09, 7.65 
3 x block starts 
400m - 60.3 
300m - 42.8
The second 60m - even though a 2 step flying start, did exceed my 60m PR slightly and I feel it wasn't 100%, so that's good for training shoes.  When I went to try one out of the blocks I thought I might have felt something in my hip flexor about 30m out, so I shut it down.   Then ran a few swift long sprints at 85-90% effort, concentrating on form, no problems.   I don't really think I'm capable of a sub 56... or maybe even a sub 57.  But, we'll see. 

Going to rest and do some prehab before the next workout.  Need to be cautious.  I got a little spooked today after Alan, the fastest 100/200 M55 guy in the world told me he severely ripped a ham in training and is out for Spain.  Bummer.  That opens the door for Don to maybe win another, and he seems to be healthy, running 24.6 last weekend. 




No comments:

Post a Comment