Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Quality long sprints

Warm and humid in Sewanee on this mid summer evening.  Low 80ºs, calm winds. 
Today I did long sprints at about full effort.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 50m strides 
100m stride  - 13.46 
300m - 40.5 
200m - 25.43 
150m - 18.68
I did all these sprints with a 2-3 step flying start and the times were pretty good considering training shoes.  I timed all the sprints precisely except the 300 which I set pacing splits.  Just a step short of my 40 flat goal.  I took almost full rest in between, about 20 -25 min.  The 150m was fast considering it was at the end of the workout.  Faster than the 150m I did in spikes from blocks at SAS, but with a short flying start. 

I tried the new Clifton 5s tonight.  They're ok, but still like the Clifton 3s better so I bought my 5th pair of Clifton 3s from Amazon while I still could.  Going to return the Clifton 5s. 

I think I'm going to do that 2 x 300m tempo workout every other time I go out and alternate that with long and short quality sprint days.  Last night I did a brief weight workout.  4 x 6 cleans with 115 lbs, 4 x 12 squat jumps with 130 lbs. 

Tomorrow is an off day.  I may do weights and/or prehab.  Definitely will bike and/or swim. 


No comments:

Post a Comment