Monday, May 21, 2018

negative split 400s, 200, split 400

Warmer today, about 81º and sunny at Marist when I began my warmup, falling to 76º and cloudy by end of the workout.  Second day in a row and it felt really hard today.  Started with 2 negative split 400s, first 200 easy, accelerate on the second 200. 
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 50m strides on grass 
2 x 400m - 61.8 (32.3, 29.5), 62.8 (32.8, 30) 
200m - 26.8 
'split 400m'- 300m - 45 / rest 1 min / 100m - 14.5
That last 100m was really hard.  Any workout that starts with a hard 400, everything afterward is harder.  Plus, I was a tad sore from the speed work I have been doing, and eating less to get rid of this last few lbs.   Not an accurate scale here but in the 144s after workout.

1 comment:

  1. William,

    I found your information today, while searching for 400m workouts. I was very encouraged by your journey/progress. One of the privileges I have, is coaching 400/800m runners at a local high school. I trained alongside them this year, which encouraged me to compete at the Masters level for the first time. I have actually registered for Nationals in Spokane! I ran a time trial, hand-held, adjusting .24 for FAT, my time came in at 58.3. Respectable, but not quite where it needs to be. I know I can run faster, and was impressed with your progress. Any wisdom you would be willing to impart to a “Masters beginner” whose first experience will be Nationals (I know, crazy), would be greatly appreciated. Only about 10 weeks to go! What advice could you give me regarding workouts leading up to nationals? I’m in good shape, having just competed the outdoor, High School track season, but need to be in peak shape for nationals. Thank you in advance! David Pitts

    ReplyDelete