Saturday, May 12, 2018

event runs

Beautiful evening in Sewanee, 74º and clear, calm winds.  I wanted to see where I'm at so I tried a few event runs in spikes, including a 350m from blocks.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 40m accelerations 
Puma spikes on 
2 x 40m from blocks 
350m from blocks - 48.5 (26.2, 40.5) 
200m - 25.8
It was nice to run fast but I'm dealing with some heel blisters from hiking in messed up shoes. Otherwise my feet feel ok.   I'll need to get some blister pads.  I'm ok with where I am now although a ways to go.  The way I felt at 300-350 tells me I'm barely in the 57s regarding pace.  Probably mid 57s at best.  The 200m felt ok, ran it with a 3 step acceleration.  I ran a 350 about a second faster just before Daegu, so I'm hopefully not too far off.

First meet in 2 weeks although I may run a hand time all comers on Tues week after next, for a workout.   I need to do more quality work and it seems like my feet are tolerating some limited speed work in spikes. 

144.5 after workout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment