Wednesday, April 25, 2018

slow stuff

This morning on the track at Sewanee, cloudy, bleak, 55º... wet track.   Guess I'm not ready to go every other day yet, wasn't hitting my splits.  Ran faster a week ago. At least I got some meters in.
Hoka trainers on 
350m warmup, stretches, drills 
600m - 1:51 
500m - 89 
300m - 47
I didn't take full rest between the 600 and 500, probably why the 500 was so slow.  The last interval was supposed to be a 400m but I bailed after 300 when I saw I wouldn't hit my goal of 62. I should've finished it in a 64-65, but I copped out.  Not a good day.

In order to protect my feet better, I've added a lot of stuff in my new trainers.  In addition to the stock inserts, a thin shock protectant insole called Noene, then some Profoot plantar supports, and then some custom cut 5mm gel soles that I placed under the stock insert on the outside of my forefoot where I strike.  My heels barely fit in my shoe with heavy socks but it's very soft. Should be protective. I have 2 pairs of active trainers, one new, the other just slightly worn.  I have a third that I use in the gym.

I still need to lose 5 lbs.  146.7 lbs after workout.

May try to hit the stadium stairs on Friday.




No comments:

Post a Comment