Tuesday, April 17, 2018

first real track workout in a month

Beautiful day on the mountain.  60º and sunny at noon, breezy with temps climbing into the upper 60ºs by early afternoon.  Shirtless training weather.

Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
600m - 1:46.5 
         5 min rest 
200m - 27 
         full rest 
400m - 62.5 (31.5, 31) 
         5 min rest 
200m - 27.5

 I was planning to do 2 x 600m but I thought some faster stuff would be better.   I ran the 600m in my older Hokas and it felt ok, nothing really hard.   I changed into the new Clifton 3s supplemented with inserts and wow, did they feel supper springy in the next 200m.  Hope they stay that way for a while.  After a good long rest - about 15-20 min, I decided to run a negative split 400m.  I set a goal at 62 (32, 30).  The first 200 was just under 32 but felt too easy, I was thinking I had miss set my timer.  I finished just a step short of 62, and it really wasn't all that exhausting.  Surprising.  The last 200m run into the wind really wasted me.  I was particularly exhausted ... the type of whole body fatigue that knocks me off my feet.  I had to sit in the shade for 10 min before I could get on my feet to walk to my car.  It was a killer.  So, not bad a day... 1400m of work.  I think I might be able to break 60 in a 400m, despite just beginning this training cycle.

Still a bit heavy, 146.4 after workout.  Feet are holding up ok.  Plantar issue is almost gone.

Beautiful spring day... quite a rebound from yesterday when I woke up to a dusting of snow.  Was also freezing last night.   Sewanee Conference Meet on this track Friday and Sat.

sporting my new Hoka Clifton 3s and CW-X tights



No comments:

Post a Comment