Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Back to the oval office

Beautiful day in Sewanee, track was idyllic... no one there except Joe, a fellow older masters. Pleasant upper 60ºs sun setting, quiet.   Unfortunately, the workout sucked.  I felt pretty bad.   Sore and sluggish.    Not feeling like a champion.   It was hard to fathom I felt this slow when I had just run my fastest 400m in 3 yrs .... just less than 3 days prior.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 300m - 45.5, 44, 46 
200m - 27.5
I thought I'd go out and run 4 fast 300s about 42-43... wow, was I sorely mistaken.  Adductors are still sore and generally felt tired.  Probably jet lagged still as my sleep has been irregular.  Probably just feeling the fallout of my intense prep I put in before the meet.  Probably haven't quite recovered from that and 6 races.  However, I'm still quite light, under 144.8 lbs after dinner.

I was hoping to get out and post a good 400m before turning my attention to run the 100m at Penn, but I think if I raced this weekend, I'd probably be disappointed.  There is a new track in Oxford, AL I wanted to run on, a municipal park where Jacksonville St., AL has their home meets.  (Surprisingly, Jacksonville St., AL - a school I'd never heard of - is a DI school in the OVC).   The track called Choccollo Park is so new, there are very few photos of it on the internet.  This may be the first or second meet on this track.

I have until noon tomorrow to decide, and if I don't, I can race in Huntsville on April 7 and Sewanee on April 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment