Monday, January 23, 2017

tempo 300s +

Felt more like winter today but not too bad.  Damp and cool, 42º dark and breezy today at the Sewanee track.  Did a standard workout today, then a couple short fast sprints.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 300m w/ 2 min rest - 48, 48.5, 51.5, 52 
150m - 20.5 
100m 

It was a decent workout.  Much better endurance than when I did 3 x 300m a week ago.   Close to where I was a year ago before Nationals.  Probably should have quit but I ran a couple faster sprints and the last one irritated my hip flexor, but it's fine.  Better weather tomorrow but I'll probably just do weights.  

Looks like the entry lists for Worlds and Nationals are pretty much complete.  The usual competition at Nationals from Jim and Don in the 200m; and Jim, Dave in the 400m.   It's coming up soon... just 3 weeks from Friday.

Looks like a decent turnout for the World Championships.   Enough competitors for 3 rounds in each event.   It's odd that they have 400m heats and semis in the same day but have 200m heats and semis on different days.  I've never heard of a meet having 400m heats and semis in the same day.

I'll be racing people from Korea, USA, England, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Philippines, Spain, Mongolia, Estonia, Ukraine, Japan, Trinidad, Finland, Brazil, Australia, Argentina, etc...   Guys that beat me in Perth in the 200m will be there.  Peter O., the German is probably the fastest 400m guy with two other Brits ... they will be my main competition in the 400m.   

1 comment:

  1. I think you may have missed Benoit Zavattero of France in the 400m.

    ReplyDelete