Friday, January 13, 2017

overdistance

Foundation runs this morning in Sewanee.  A mild humid day with occasional fog and mizzle, light breeze, in the low 60ºs, warm enough to peel off my shirt ... a treat for January.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 600m - 1:42.5, 1:43.5 
'split 700' - 500m / 90 sec rest / 200m - 88, 32
Felt much better today than last time out.  It was hard but not excruciating.  I didn't run the 500m too terribly hard, but the following 200m into the wind definitely kicked my butt.

This will be the last volume workout for a while as I need to decide whether I'm ready to race a 200m in a week.  I'm going to do some quality short speed work on Sunday, maybe drag out the blocks and spikes.  

Did a brief workout last night at the gym including form drills.   These last 3 lbs are really hard to shake.  145.0 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment