Sunday, January 1, 2017

tempo 300s

Happy 2017.  Hopefully, this year will be as good as the last 2.  

Misty, foggy, and wet at the Sewanee track on New Years Day, 48º but with an occasional wind.  My feet felt better today, but I don't want to over do it as I am now on a every other day track schedule, pending weather.  I did work a lot today before I went to the track, but not as much as Friday.
Hoka trainers on 
350m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 300m w/ 2 min rest - 48.5, 49.5, 51.5, 53.5
A familiar workout, my first workout of the season starting with tempo intervals and without foundation.  Quite slow compared to the same workout I was doing in Oct and averaging 49 sec.  Today, only 50.75.  Hopefully this will improve.  

Last year at this time I was running more 3x300m and 3x400m, sometimes 2 sets.  I do need to start running fast but the weather is turning cold again.  Tues is the last warm day before 6 days in the 30s.  Maybe I'll do some speed work on Tues.  

144.4 after workout.  Eating light and well.

At least I could see across the track today.

No comments:

Post a Comment