Sunday, January 15, 2017

quality sprints

In Atlanta at the Marist School track.  Great weather, upper 60ºs, partly cloudy, calm winds.  A treat to train shirtless in January.  Needed to decide today whether I should race a 200m my first meet this season on Friday at Vanderbilt.  So, I brought my spikes and blocks.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 80m striders 
300m - 42 
Puma spikes on  
2 x 40m from blocks 
2 x 150m from blocks - 18.8, 19.2  
2 x 40m from blocks 
Hoka trainers on 
300m - 43
Started with a hard 300m in training shoes to make sure I was fully warm before getting out the blocks and spikes.   The block starts felt a little clunky and inconsistent, but my 150s were fast and nearly full effort.  I did a few more starts and finished with a good 300m.

I don't think I'm ready to run sub 25 or sub 56 this weekend, but I should be good to go for the 400/200 double.  Rarely get to run on this great track and I'm sure this will be my only chance this season.

I'll do more technical work this week with blocks, but not much time before the meet.  200m is Fri., 400m Sat.  Tuesday is the last opportunity for a tempo workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment