Monday, August 8, 2016

speed endurance maintenance

On the track every 4th day now nearing the end of the off season.  Very hot and humid at the Dean Hayes track, mid 80ºs with the dewpoint in the mid 70ºs, 94º heat index.  Sometimes I wonder if I have the stones to do what is necessary to train hard for 10 weeks to get ready for Perth.  Feel a bit soft and out of shape, although I'm not heavy.  Just no resistance work lately.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
800m - 2:33 
400m - 65 
300m - 44
Not a real comfortable day to train but I guess it's going to stay like this for a while.  Met Michael, a new faculty member, distance runner, out on the track.  He just moved here from UT Chattanooga.  Wish I could trade places with him, I love Chatty.

I'll probably be back out by Friday.   143.6 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment