Monday, May 23, 2016

Foundation - volume tempo

This was a maximum workout.  Nice evening in Sewanee, 73º and calm.  This is similar to a workout I did 11 days before indoor nationals.  A real ball buster.

Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills
2 x 600m, 2 x 400m, 200m, 2x100m w/ 3 min rest - 1:52, 1:57, 79, 81, 30, 14.5, 14

This 2400m workout would have been much easier if I didn't adhere to a 3min rest in between all 7 sprints.  It was quite a world of pain.  I did all the long sprints going opposite direction and with the new Hokas, the foot tolerated the volume very well.

It is really beautiful in Sewanee right now and very quiet.  Deer are grazing on the campus lawns and very few people around.  I am the only car in the lot at the track.   I slept late today and awoke to a warm beautiful late morning, warm enough to not wear clothes.  With this nice lifestyle and all this time off, I feel that it is appropriate to suffer on the track .

Since I'm not doing any real speed work, thinking I should run an 800m race this weekend, not a 200m.  (I'll probably whimp out of the 800m).

No comments:

Post a Comment