Friday, May 27, 2016

brief speed workout

Today, at the Marist School in Atlanta, warm evening, 81º.   I needed to get some fast stuff in and decide if I should race on Sunday.   Based on the way I felt, I've pretty much decided not to race.  I'm feeling the effects of over training a bit.  So much volume in the last 9 days, and today... feeling sluggish.  Made worse by hours of being on my feet doing carpentry work.  By the time I got to the track, I felt achy... feet and hips.  No point in racing Sunday.  Probably be better served doing a some low impact hill sprints.

Nevertheless, I still ran fast today and did some starts.  It didn't feel good.
Saucony trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2x50m striders on grass 
300m - 41.8 
Puma spikes on 
block starts 
200m - ~25.8
I really need to get back on the weights and cross train a bit.

To do the type of workouts I've been doing, I really need that day in between to recover.  I have to be a lazy ass and stay off my feet or I'll be sore when I start the workout, which is no fun.   I need to break up the 'every other day on the track' with a pool, rower, bike, or stair workout.

I may race in 2 weeks, definitely in 3 and 4.  Nationals in 6 1/2.

No comments:

Post a Comment