Tuesday, May 31, 2016

300 tempo repeats

Warm, mid 80ºs at sunset w/ calm winds at the Dean Hayes track.  Not much time today, so ... after several hours on my feet cleaning and preparing to host 3 people for 5 days, I hit the track at MTSU.  This is 'championship season' ... the only athletes still training are going to the NCAA Championships or the Olympic trials.   I saw a couple of MTSU Olympic hopefuls from Ghana, John and Atsu.   They're both going to Eugene for the NCAA Div. I championship.

Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 300m w/ 2min rest - 48.5, 49.5, 50, 50

It was a bitch, especially with sore feet and hot temperatures.  I finished my warmup and to my disgust, my timer was missing so I went home and found it in my spike bag.  Thank you ... I absolutely feel naked at the track without this timer.  This Gymboss has been with me for 3 National Championships and a Silver, since 2012.  I would hate to lose it.

Hips feel better, feet a bit sore.  Weight finally beginning to come toward race weight: 142.2 after workout.  Being on my feet all day definitely burns calories.

Standing next to John makes me think I should do some pushups.




No comments:

Post a Comment