Monday, March 21, 2016

tempo 300s

Back in Sewanee on a delightfully cool first day of spring.  Sunny, 51º... not too cool to shed my T-shirt for the last of four 300s.

Out on the track at 4 pm, I expected (for once) to see the Sewanee track team working out.  Nope.  I swear, I have never seen these guys train!   They must only go out once or twice a week.  Sheeesh ... DIII athletics ... gotta love it.


Saucony trainers on 
350m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 300m w/ 2 min rest - 48.5, 48.5, 51.5, 49

Could have done more but better to not over train, now in the heart of the college outdoor season.   Wearing the new pair of Saucony Triumph iso 2's with 3 pair of cushioned Feetures socks, the foot is withstanding the workouts much better.  This will be the only hard workout of this week.   I'll be on the track Wed for some short speed then Friday evening the 200m at Vandy.

After Vandy, I'm taking a weekend off from competition and running 2 more DIII college meets the weekends after:  Berry, and Sewanee.   I understand Berry College has a new track so maybe it'll be good.  Plus I'll get to race some Sewanee boys there.  Be interested to see how they do at Emory this weekend.

I shouldn't feel too bad about running 55.72 at Emory from lane 8... it's faster than the M55 Asian Masters record of 56.10 that has held for 26 yrs ... and that includes China and Russia.

Inventory
My back feels better, but I need to sleep better.   I guess that whole baguette with butter didn't hurt me too much... 142.4 lbs after workout.  

No comments:

Post a Comment