Thursday, March 17, 2016

event run

Sunny mid 60ºs at the Dean Hayes track this afternoon with a breeze.  I spiked up for an event run.

Saucony trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
50m strider 
Puma spikes on 
2 x starts from blocks on the turn 
300m event run from blocks - 40 
100m (turn) from 400m start - 13

I nailed my splits almost exactly, 13/13/14... into a slight head wind.  I did this event run in lane 8 since that is that lane I drew for Sat.'s meet at Emory.   Lane 8 sucks, but it's better than lane one.   The disadvantage is that the latter part of the race is run on a turn that lasts seemingly forever, 140m or so.  But ... it's still 400m.

It looks like huge mostly DIII meet.   12 heats for the 400, I am slow man in my heat but no one lists faster than 54.0 so it will be a race.   

Unless there are bad conditions like wind and rain ...which is possible, I feel like I should be able to post a 55 this weekend.  I'm in fairly good shape and light.  142.2 lbs after workout.

I might go out tomorrow in Sewanee and do some starts and a light workout. 



No comments:

Post a Comment